Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Giving Well

I have been taking a class called "Giving Well" over at http://www.bigpicturescrapbooking.com/. All of the assignments are able to be completed in 2 hours or less. Our first assignment was to take a basket and fill it with things that we love and then we were supposed to give it to someone. Since I am not the best rule follower, I created several variations on the assignment. The first "basket" I created was for an 8 year old's birthday party (Hi Cooper).

I made a pirate using a bucket and bucket pals (foam shapes and patterns) from Michaels. I then let the twins pick out a bunch of Halloween stuff at the store...you know, all the things we never let our kids buy for themselves. They picked pirate lights, a scary music cd, a skeleton, a skeleton goblet, a flashlight, and glow sticks. We filled the bucket with the stuff and attached a tag with the birthday boy's picture on it.


The second "basket" I created was for my brother's 40th birthday. Let me just say that paybacks are hell!

I took a deep dish tub and wrote a quote onto the tub--I printed it on computer paper and then taped it to the tub. Then I took a sharpie and went over the words on the paper. The sharpie left a slight outline on the tub so then I traced over the letters and filled them in with the sharpie. I filled the tub with all sorts of "old age" supplies: adult diapers, prunes, Ensure, a magnifying glass, reading glasses, hair color for men, denture cleaner etc. Around each thing I tied a tag with an old age quote.


I then wrapped the entire tub in cellophane and tied it with a big bow and a list of signs that show that you are getting old.

I taped pictures of my brother at various times in his life all over the box and wrote plenty of obnoxious things on it--this dude is old, if you see me wish me a happy birthday, etc. Unfortunately, I don't have pictures of the box to share.

I have been working on several other class assignments and I will post them when I am finished. If you are interested in scrapbooking or you are already an avid scrapbooker, you should check out all of the projects and classes that Big Picture Scrapbooking offers. You could be busy for months!

2 comments:

Live.Love.Eat said...

Hey there, thanks for coming by!!! I love these basket ideas!!!!!!!

melanie, aka Mo said...

Alrrrright, I have a new "follower"! Cool! Hey, I have been thinking about taking that Giving Well class. Are you liking it? Your stuff is awesome! I am taking Cathy Zielske's class right now, Design based. ANd the Product Playground with Lisa D. I made TWO, count em TWO mini books this past weekend. GOOOOOo me! Tell me about the class and if I should go for it. I kind want to do teh Christmas anti-stress one too! melanie

Related Posts with Thumbnails